Building Contest December 2019 - Pick the winner!

• Henry
  • Henry's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 months 6 days ago - 5 months 6 days ago #284 by Henry
The Building contest is over!

Here's just a daytime and nighttime image of each building from the outside. You can visit the event site yourself to check out the insides
as well!

Votes are over!
1st - Dumbdave: 71.5 points
2nd - WilliamWallace: 61 points
3rd - Owlsongs: 58 points
4th - Lautrec: 55 points
5th - Dondersteen: 51.5 points

Dondersteen

Dumbdave

Lautrec

Owlsongs

Williamwallace

Last edit: 5 months 6 days ago by Henry.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 6 days ago - 5 months 6 days ago #285 by auriron
In my humble observer opinion:
1st place, 9,999999/10, Dumbdave
2nd place, 8,5/10 Owlsong
3rd place, 8/10 WilliamWallace
4th place, 5/10 Lautrec,
5th place, 3/10 Dondersteen

EDIT: changed points after re-viewing houses :D
Last edit: 5 months 6 days ago by auriron.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dumbdave

More
5 months 6 days ago #286 by Lautrec
Dondersteen: 7 Points: I like the green lights and the bottom level decorations are really clever (especially the trellises and statues)
Lautrec: 10 obviously
Dumbdave: 9 Points: Very cozy church with some cool ideas like the  candles
Owlsongs: 8 Points: Cozy but a bit cramped for my taste, reminds me of a small barracks for some kind of Castle
Williamwallace: 7 Points: Nice mix of wall styles, some comfy rooms, sadly there are some unfurnished parts so a bit too ambitious, but then again that could have just been the timelimit

All in all, very nice houses!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dondersteen, dumbdave

• Dondersteen
  • Community Assistant
  • Community Assistant
More
5 months 6 days ago #287 by Dondersteen
Replied by Dondersteen on topic Building Contest December 2019 - Pick the winner!
7/10, Lautrec
8/10, Dumbdave
5/10 Owlsongs
5/10 WilliamWallace

More
5 months 6 days ago #288 by Hades
Dumbdave : 10 points ,.. love the building setup ,.. dislike the stairs
Dondersteen 9 points , love the elevated living area ,,. dislike the brightness of the green.
Williamwallace:8 points ,. like the style of the house, dislike the floors , sadly its not finished
Owlsongs 7 points: do like the building ,. looks very pvp like , to stonie for me with all the rock walls and floors and gates ,. just a bit to dark for me.
Lautrec you the man ,.. but have to give you a 6 though ,.. just for effort xD
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dondersteen, dumbdave

More
5 months 6 days ago #289 by Owlsongs
My scores:

williamwallace: 6/10   ---   Nice house design, but didn't have enough time to furnish properly.
Owlsongs:   ---   (myself)
Lautrec: 6/10   ---   Original though on what to build, but in my opinion the thorn bushes are a bit obnoxious. (But that's just my personal hatred of thorn bushes speaking.) Overall, you could have at least made a 1x1 gazebo for the shrine, or at the very least a wall to hang the tapestry off of.
Dondersteen: 8/10   ---   Beautiful, illuminated ground floor that's excellently decorated. Probably could've taken first place if there was access to the upper floor with something there.
Dumbdave: 9/10   ---   Not a fan of the statues on top of the balcony being made of marble, and contrasting with the stone so much. Otherwise, a beautifully decorated little church with an actual bell tower!

More
5 months 6 days ago #290 by Torihiki
Dumbdave: 9
Owlsong: 8
Lautrec: 7
Williamwallace: 6
Dondersteen: 4

More
5 months 6 days ago #291 by nicholas
Dondersteen 7 Owlsongs 8 William Wallace 9 Lautrec 7.5    Dumbdave 9.5       Good job everyone :)

More
5 months 6 days ago #292 by dumbdave
Dondersteen: A lovely shrine house, the coloured lights really give it a unique and eye-catching look the moment you see it. The nymph statues in the centre really gives the lot a nice feel as a sacred shrine. The only points that detract from the build is the repeated rugs, this made the building tile a little but with so much going on, this didn't impact the final build much.

Overall Rating: 7/10

Lautrec: While not a building, the dark shrine was immediately unique. The individual named statues draw your attention and makes you feel there's a story behind the build. The minimalist approach really worked out. The only thing that doesn't work was the tapestry stand. while the tapestry itself fit the theme, the stand breaks the natural look of the build.

Overall Rating: 8/10

Owlsongs: A impressive looking fort that stands out as an imposing structure. The cells were something that stood out to me and made it feel more functional than other builds. What does detract from the build is the furnishing on the upper floor, this was mainly due to the time limit however.

Overall Rating: 6.5/10

Williamwallace: A nice house that does well with managing the available space on this challenge. The rendered stone and sandstone also make the build stand out from the others. what does detract from the build though is the unfinished top floor. If there was more time, i would've loved to see where this went.

Overall Rating: 6/10

• Henry
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 months 6 days ago #293 by Henry
Dondersteen: 6.5 - Really moody downstairs, really like the color scheme. Sad you can't go upstairs, that would've been nice

Dumbdave: 9 - Awesome asymmetric designed chapel, bell tower fits the tower perfectly and the decorations are really well done!

Lautrec: 8.5 - Totally loving the simplicity and darkness in that one!

Owlsongs: 7 - Solid fort, nothing for claustrophobic people though

WilliamWallace: 6 - Decent building, nice choice on rendered / timber materials. Bottom floor looks lovely decorated, but the upper floor lacks all decorations.

• Henry
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 months 6 days ago - 5 months 6 days ago #294 by Henry
Ratings are close now!
Final scores are
1st - Dumbdave: 71.5 points
2nd - WilliamWallace: 61 points
3rd - Owlsongs: 58 points
4th - Lautrec: 55 points
5th - Dondersteen: 51.5 points
Last edit: 5 months 6 days ago by Henry.

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds